Home About Us Farm Labor Housing Section 8 Public Housing Tax Credit Developments RFPs Español

The Housing Authority of the County of Hidalgo

Transforming Families, Strengthening Communities
Office Hours

Monday - Thursday: 8:00am to 12:00pm and 1:00pm to 5:00pm
Friday: 8:00am to 12:00pm

Farm Labor Housing


Do you work in agriculture or aquaculture? Do you need help with housing? We can help! Before you can apply for housing you need to fulfill the following requirements:

  • Earn at least $4,485 (In agriculture or aquaculture related work on your last income tax or current income).
  • Must provide current income such as (Employment, Unemployment, Child Support, TANF, Social Security Benefits, SSI, Veterans Pension, Retirement or Self Employed).
  • Minimum 18 years of age.

Are you ready to apply? Keep reading this page to find out more about the process


Individuals and families wishing to participate in any of the programs may obtain an application from one of the website of the offices listed below.
All applicants must submit all required documentation as specified on the application to the appropiate office. Applicants will be processed for eligibility.
Once the application has been processed and determined eligible, it will be placed on the waiting list.


Northside Apartments
Weslaco, TX.

Complete, sign and deliver application to the office along with all requested documents in person to the Northside Apartments office on Monday through Thursday from 8:00am to 12:00pm and 1:00pm to 4:00pm (All members 18 years and over must sign the application). Call the Northside Apartments office at (956) 968-2567 for any questions regarding application information.

Northside Apartments‎

Patricia Moya
1800 N. Texas Blvd.
Weslaco, TX. 78599
Phone: (956) 968-2567
Fax: (956) 968-5982
Email: patriciam@hidalgocha.org

Equal Housing Opportunity

If you wish to file a Civil Rights program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Form, found online at This Institution is an equal opportunity provider and employer. http://www.ascr.usda.gov/complaint_filing_cust.html or at any USDA office, or call (866)632-9992 to request the form. You may also write a letter containing all of the information requested in the form. Send your completed complaint form or letter to us by mail at U.S. Department of Agriculture, Director, Office of Adjudication, 1400 Independence Avenue, S.W., Washington, D.C. 20250-9410, by fax (202) 690-7442 or email at program.intake@usda.gov.
TDD/TTY: (956) 968-2567